EARLY PAYMENT OF 2018 COUNTY/TOWN PROPERTY TAXES
Town of Ancram 2018 county and town property tax bills are now available on line. Here is the link: http://egov.basgov.com/ancram/
If you plan to pay your 2018 County and Town taxes in 2017, please print a copy of your tax bill and bring it with you when you pay in person, or mail it with your check.
Tax Collectors will be able to start accepting payments after the County of Columbia approves the 2018 Tax Warrant at its 2017 year-end meeting at 3 pm on Thursday, December 28.
Town Tax Collectors cannot begin to collect taxes until the 2018 Tax Warrant is approved on December 28 after 3 pm.
To pay early in person at the Town Hall: Print out and bring a copy of your tax bill or bills to Town Hall. The Town of Ancram will accept early payments of 2018 County/Town property taxes beginning on Thursday, December 28 at 5 pm. We will accept in person early payments at Town Hall as follows:
- Thursday, December 28 from 5 pm to 7 pm
- Saturday, December 30 from 9:30 am to 1 pm
To pay early by mail: Send your payment/payments by mail to “Tax Collector, Ancram Town Hall, 1416 County Route 7, Ancram NY 12502. We will record the postmark date as your payment date. Please include a copy of your tax bill or bills, send a separate check for each property, and put your Tax Bill Number in the memo line.
We will resume our normal collection process in January 2018. If you pay early, you will still receive a copy of your tax bill in the mail in January. If you have already paid early, please disregard that copy of your tax bill.
Regular Town Hall collection hours in January are Wednesday and Thursday 10 am to 2 pm and Saturday 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Some additional information about early payment of property taxes based on the questions we have been getting…
1) Slow web site – We have been getting reports that the online tax bill website (http://egov.basgov.com/ancram/) that the county uses is operating slowly, probably because of the high volume of traffic it is getting and because it is still being updated for various towns around the state. Be patient and you will get through…just might take a few minutes of waiting. The Ancram site is now updated so 2018 tax bills show up when you access the site as the default option.
2) Make Ancram Checks payable to – If you are paying your Ancram tax bill, make checks payable to Ancram Tax Collector or Monica Cleveland, Ancram Tax Collector.
3) 2018-2019 School taxes – cannot be paid early in 2017.
From Neil Howard, Superintendent of the Taconic Hills Central School District:
As clarified by Governor Cuomo, the option to pre-pay 2018-19 taxes by December 31st does not apply to school taxes. Final payments of Taconic Hills CSD 2017-18 school taxes were due by October 31, 2017, and the district does not accept installment payments. We are not able to provide estimated tax bills for 2018-19. Our district will not adopt a budget and tax levy for that year until the May school budget vote on May 15, 2018.
From Martin handler, Superintendent of the Pine Plains Central School District:
We have checked with the legal people. School districts cannot accept 2018-2019 school tax until the warrant is issued next August.