10/16/2020: A Message from Ancram Judges Redlich and Wittlinger:
The Ancram Town Court is now authorized to begin Phase IV.1 reopening protocols. This means the Court can now:
1. Hear in-person calendars for vehicle and traffic matters.
2. Hear in-person small claims proceedings.
3. Hear in-person civil proceedings, including summary proceedings (i.e., evictions) as outlined below.
4. Hear in-person dangerous dog proceedings.
5. Hear in-person Town or Village code violation proceedings.
6. Conduct in-person non-jury criminal trials.
7. Decide motions and other matters that may be decided on papers, except summary proceedings.
8. Hear in-person Residential Summary Proceedings (both holdover and nonpayment) pursuant to the protocol established in the Memorandum and Administrative Order of the Chief Administrative Judge Lawrence Marks dated October 9, 2020. (The Petition may be filed, filing fee collected, settlement conference held when both parties are represented by counsel, and a hearing may be held on the question of whether Respondent is a “covered” person adversely affected by COVID-19. If Respondent is found to be a “covered” person, the matter is stayed until January 1, 2021. If Respondent is not found to be a “covered” person, then a hearing on the merits may be held.)
All in-person court matters will be conducted in accordance with recommended Covid safety protocols. Should you have any questions, you may leave a message for the Court Clerk at (518)-329-6512, ext. 211.
Town of Ancram Justices
The Honorable George Wittlinger Sr.
The Honorable Catherine L. Redlich
Court Hours: Wednesdays at 6pm
To reach the Court Clerk, please call (518) 329-6512 ext. 211
- If your ticket was issued on the Taconic Parkway in the Town of Gallatin, please call (518) 398-7690.
- If your ticket was issued on the Taconic Parkway in the Town of Taghkanic, please call (518) 329-3030.
Click here for Town Laws